NaturalGuy and I have been married for 5 weeks!!! Here's what we've learned so far:
- It can be tricky to get the hang of sex. While wedding night sex was very meaningful and special, it was also incredibly uncomfortable for me, despite being relaxed and using a ton of lube. In fact, it took about two weeks before it was really comfortable.
- UTI's are hell on earth. Also, yeast infections and oral thrush brought on by the antibiotics taken for said UTI. That being said, it is fun to check the "sexually active" box for the first time on a medical form.
- It is really strange to have sex go from "off limits" to having your families decorate your wedding night room to set the mood! Also, people asking when you're going to have kids, or asking if you are currently pregnant (not yet, probably not for a while!).
- NFP has been fairly easy. We vastly prefer sex during the "safe" times to using condoms and in future cycles will be trying to shrink the "unsafe" times down and just abstain. We still don't think using condoms is wrong, just not our preference.
- Sex is much more meaningful than we expected - and we didn't have low expectations! I now understand why it's referred to as "making love" and "the marital act." We feel much more tightly bound together. We're very happy we waited until we were married to share such an intimate and loving act.